P&G + GrowthHit Webinar: How to Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign [10 Examples]
The top 10 examples of how to launch a digital marketing campaign from the webinar with GrowthHit and P&G.
P&G is a consumer juggernaut.
Old Spice. Crest. Bounty. Tampax.
Yup, they own all of them. And a million more.
Two weeks ago, I did a webinar about how to conduct an online launch. I’m unable to show the entire deck but here are the highlights and the most popular case studies.
First, here is a framework for approaching your online launch.
- Understand the End Game: What’s the singular message you want to get across? Simply put, what’s the sound bite people should remember. What one action should people take – if any?
- Model Your Growth Goals: Build a top down growth model that quantifies the impact of your campaign. Make sure your numbers are aligned with the executive team. Understand the key drivers of your model and the unit economics.
- Align on Your Messaging With Your User Journey: Where is the audiences in their understanding of your product, brand and industry? Do you need to educate, activate, steal, or reengage customers?
- Design Your RACE Launch Formula: Architect the launch campaign based on the various channels you’ll be activating. From digital ads to onboarding email flows, make the experience fluid. See the RACE visual below.
84) How do you approach an integrated #marketing launch? How do you factor in your offline and online strategy? What channels matter at various parts of the user journey? Check out the RACE framework from @SmartInsights to get an exact blueprint on what to do.#HuffmanTip pic.twitter.com/gV4UxMxC1L
— Jim Huffman (@JimWHuffman) April 27, 2020
After establishing the launch framework, we went into a couple case studies of launches. Here are the 5 most popular launch examples:
- How Outdoor Voices Leveraged an Influencer (Man Repeller) to Enhance Branding
- How Tommee Tippee Wipes Stood Out in a Crowded (and Boring) Market
- How Spanx Launched on the Back of One Specific Use Case
- How Halo Top Won Market Share but NOT Being Better, But Different
- How Third Love Acquired Customers By Attacking Victoria Secret
You can view all 10 of the examples here:
Want more examples about how to launch a digital marketing campaign?
Check out our breakdown of 7 Successful Product Launches that’ll inspire your next campaign.
The #1 Newsletter for Growth Marketers & CEOs
The best kept secrets in growth. Every Thursday you’ll get:
- 3 must-read articles
- 1 podcast episode
- Sneak peek at our startup studio